10 Great Tips To Make Exercise A Habit
1. Do a variety of activities you enjoy. Remember, there is no rule that says you have to go to a gym or buy equipment. You can walk around the block or to a at home exercise video.
Having a variety of activities, weight lifting, running, walking, aerobics classes will ensure that you can do something regardless of the weather or time of day.
2. Commit to another person. “This social aspect of exercise is very important to me,” I am a stay-at-home mom. I may let myself off, but if I’ve agreed to walk with a friend after dinner, I won’t be letting them down.”
3. Make exercise a priority. “It has to be a non-negotiable. Making exercise non-negotiable. Friends and family members will know the importance of your program and learn that it’s part of your identity, and give up saying things like, “Why don’t you take it easy today?”
4. Exercise first thing in the morning. Doing this will ensure the workout gets done. Things can come up in the day and if you put it off more than likely it won’t be done. Experts agree that a morning schedule is best. “If you go to a gym, it should be located between your home and work.”Exercise, take a shower, and you’re energized for the day.”
5. Or, exercise on your way home from work. The next best thing to exercising first thing in the morning is to do it on your way home from work. Or if you are a full time mom maybe your hubby can watch the kids and let you workout.
6. Exercise even when you’re “too tired. Chances are, you will feel better after exercising I always do. “It energizes us,”! “You breathe deeply, and your body makes better use of the oxygen exchange. You’ll get an exercise-induced euphoria during the activity and for some time after.” I end up having way more energy after i work out and it surprises me to come home and want to clean or do laundry.
7. Log your activity. Write down the things that are important to you. It could be how much time you exercise each day or how many steps you walked. Just like a food journal it’s good to see your progress.
8. Be aware of all the indicators of progress. It’s great when your clothes fit better and you are able to lift heavier weights or work out longer without getting exhaust.
9. Walk – Use a pedometer. “If you enjoy walking and haven’t exercised for awhile, 10 minutes three times a day will give you 30 minutes.”
Use a pedometer, and work up to at least 10,000 steps a day. “Nobody starts out with 10,000 steps,” You need to find out your daily average and the next week strive to walk an extra 300 steps. Increase your steps each week.
10. Reward yourself. Have you been telling yourself that you don’t deserve a reward for something you should be doing anyway- or that once you can zip your jeans without lying on the bed, that will be reward enough? Well, come on, how inspiring is that?
Experts say that making behavior changes is hard, and rewards motivate. So decide on a goal and a reward, and work toward it. You may buy a DVD you have wanted after sticking with your fitness plan for a month, or buy and new walking shoes when you have achieved 5,000 steps a day. Do whatever it is that works for you. Just make sure you do something to tell yourself job well done.
The web site 8 women dream.com had me on their web site for an interview. Thank you for for asking me to share my story with your readers!
Click here to go to interview!
Click here to read about Idaho being the 36th most obese state in the Country. You can also find out where your own state was ranked!!