3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 lbs ground turkey
2 slices whole-wheat bread, toasted and buttered, finely chopped
1 egg, beaten
1½ cups chicken stock1 large shallot, finely chopped
2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
2 rounded tbsp orange marmalade
2 rounded tbsp grainy mustard
Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
2 tbsp (½ stick) butter
2 tbsp wheat flour
Splash of orange juice
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
2. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Mix together the turkey, bread, stock, shallots, egg, thyme and marmalade.
4. Mix in the mustard, salt and pepper.
5. Make 6 mini meatloaves and place them on the parchment paper.
6. Add some extra virgin olive oil on top of the meat loaves.
7. Cook for 20 minutes or until the inside of the meatloaf reaches 165 degrees F.
8. Create a gravy by melting 2 TB butter, and add in flour while continuously whisking for a minute. Add a touch of orange juice, 1 cup chicken stock and Worcestershire. Let the sauce cook and thicken for a few minutes.
Originally published at Dr.OZ.com